No highlights have been published so far.
Initial public release. As of this moment, icomancer is in beta testing. Please look for updates at least every other day!
- Fixed a bug in the loading process of the downloaded collections databases. - Fixed a bug that didn't allow the proper detection of already downloaded Add-on Icon Packs.
* Critical: fixed an error caused by a malformed file name in the Crafter. This error popped up when an icon was saved into a subcategory (inside the root category) and then applied to a folder, preventing the icon to be effectively applied to the target folder. - Fixed some typos in GUI elements. - Polished the Launcher's Online Collection Browser window. - Highlighted all the info tips from the Online Libraries Browsers to make obvious when a locally existing item is being selected. - Homologated version info display in the Launcher, the About box and the Updates Checker.
- Fixed an error that prevented the proper initialization at first run for very rare cases. + Added some version checking comparison fixes (internal doh!). - When the crafter was closed before finishing building previews, it crashed. - Under some circumstances, the Updater Dialog was improperly launched after closing the Online Collections Browser and caused a crash when closed. - Fixed a potential bug in date comparison function (additional to the version checking comparison fixed stated avobe) (internal double doh!). - When autocrafting (embodying an image from the shell context menu), image names where possibly repeated, causing an eventual crash in the Crafted Images Browser within the Crafter. An error preventing snippet was added in the loader of the mentioned browser for those users that where unknowingly caught by this bug. + An ImageMagick detector was placed on startup (for those users that downloaded the Stand-alone setup package and didn't have ImageMagick installed). - Crafter: avoided uploading of the "Mona Lisa" image. It is useless to upload this one! - Imbuer: under some circumstances, the Imbuer used to overwrite the "Skeleton" settings. This was fixed. - [CRITICAL] Imbuer: when the Skeleton didn't have the system default settings for style (Normal/flat), it used to crash because the required images where not pre-composed. + [Improvement] Crafter: added a legend stating the need to load an image for crafting, 'cause this Operation Mode is not made to assign just colors/textures/styles to the folders (That's the Imbuer for), but to compose folder icons based on pictures. + [Improvement] Crafter: the default folder to pick images from is now the current user's "My Pictures" folder -it was the App's Program Files folder-. + [Improvement] Added a pre-generated image cleaner that runs when closing the Launcher. This will keep the cache small and fast and will help in preventing the hard disk fragmentation.
This version is the official "final" release. Additions: + User Manual & documentation is now included. It can be accessed from the Launcher or from the Start Menu. + Added support for gradient-based color packs. + Added Shell Context Menu action for removing the current icon assigned to any folder, wether it was set with icomancer or not. + Added functionality to assign pre-generated images from Downloaded Content Packs. All packages previously released where repacked. Fixes: - When a Content Pack was downloaded and the user didn't wanted to restart, the application didn't refreshed the images cache on the next run. This was fixed. - Uninstaller: added removal of some folders that weren't previously included. - Fixed an error that made the application crash when it wasn't able to download an "anonymous" license. - Removed support for Facebook register/login when using Windows Vista + IE7, due to an incompatibility that can't be addressed. This only applies to Vista + IE7.
- Imbuer: Fixed an error that prevented the correct displaying of the folder based on the skeleton's settings. - Launcher: Renamed the "View my profile" button to "Go to my profile" and enabled it (it was disabled). - Fixed an issue that required a mobile user to re-download license when the laptop was switched between wireless and wired networks. - Changed some control captions to make them clearer at first sight. - Updated the User Manual. The online version was also updated. + Added startup logging to give better support to users with problems. The log is saved in %programdata%\LAVA SoftWorks\Icomancer\22.214.171.124 + Added catching of unhandled errors for those cases when third party software disallows icomancer to save data files. + Crafter: added a context menu to the 256px preview to copy/save the folder image.
Revision 83: - Changed the way of checking the OS version to prevent crashes due to text to numeric conversions on very rare occasions. Revision 84: - Crafter: When the color of the skeleton wasn't the Template's "natural" color, previews where not generated at startup. - Launcher: added reload of the skeleton on every call to the Crafter, because it was keeping the latest selections even when the skeleton wasn't saved. Revision 85: - Launcher: fixed an error that was caused by a second call to the imbuer (after imbuing an icon). - Launcher: when embodying, the GUID of the previously embodied icon wasn't reset, so, in long runs (after being embodying several icons), embodying started to work unexpectedly. - When an icon was imbued, sometimes the app crashed because the icon to be imbued no longer existed (it was deleted after building but before setting to a folder). We didn't find out why the icon is deleted, but in the mean time, a check for existence of the icon was set before applying it, in order to let the user retry instead of getting a crash. - Copy icon to my collection: aded a database reload before adding icons, because when icons where copied using additional instances of icomancer, the latter where added but the sooner where not properly saved. - Crafter: changed caption of "Save icon" button to "Save this". + Added a "Save all" button on the crafter, so the current icon is saved/uploaded (if "Upload" is checked) in the three styles (Normal, Internal Portrait and Cover Portrait). Revision 86: - Imbuer: added reloading of the icons database as done with the "Copy icon" function in Rev.85 to prevent a "missing icons" behavoir. Revision 87: + Added a news reader on the Launcher window. This will read the the latest news, highlights and forum notices everytime they're available in the Online Collections/Images/Icons Browsers. + Implemented a "reset mode" for clearing up window positions and sizes before opening the Launcher. + Crafter: added a "Public" toggler for declaring a crafted image and icons publicly available -or personal if unchecked-. - Removed "pinging" to the icomancer server when looking for updates to help people behind blocked ping ports get update notices without errors. - Polished automatic updater messages. - Polished the license validator messages and added a fallback in case of security programs preventing icomancer from writing its own license files.
Revision 88: - Added fallback for date conversion errors in the updates checker. - Added On-screen settings blanking for reset mode. Revision 89: - Changed the footprint generation for computer licensing in order to avoid collisions due to a wrongly planned licensing scheme. - Fixed an error in the collections loader. Revision 90: - Changed the banner at the top of the Launcher window in anonymous mode (it was being confused with an ad space) + [Improvement] Added support to copy PNG files from the Launcher directly into the "My Source Images" collection. Thanks for the idea, Ali! + [Improvement] Added remote login to user's icomancer account from the Launcher Revision 91: - Removed deletion of previously imbued icon to a folder in order to prevent confusions with non-icomancer forged icons. - Added pre-checking of writability attributes to folders in order to prevent crashes due to lack of privileges. Revision 92: - [Crafter] Added a patch to prevent a crash when, at the moment of creating a category, an existing name was being used. - Added a fallback to prevent crashes when removing icons from folders. - Fixed an error that was incorrectly setting categories to copied icons and images. A a post-update fix for the icons and images databases was added. + [Improvement] Added a routine to "force" the shell to refresh the parent of a folder recently imbued with an icon. - Added a fallback to prevent a crash when an invalid icon was added to the collection (thru "Copy" mode). - Added several fixes to prevent crashes due to data type conversions. + [Improvement] Added a content manager for local and remote images and icons. A Tracking Database viewer/editor was included here. Installer package improvements: - Full Bundle: added detection of .net framework and ImageMagick to avoid reinstallation or repair. - ImageMagick package: added detection to avoid reinstallation or repair. - Updated ImageMagick redistributable. Now using version 6.8.0-8.
Revision 93: - [Launcher] Added fallback to avoid crashes when the collections cache can't be purged when switching accounts. - [Launhcer] Added collection directories pre-creation to allow the Content Manager button to be enabled from the app startup. - [Add-on icon packs scanner] Added exception handler to detect startup errors. Revision 94: - Improved fallbacks included in the previous revision. Revision 95: - [Embody] Added fallback for invalid file names. Revision 96: - Polished the Content Manager GUI. + [New feature] Added Content Syncing functions. Revision 97: - Improved the icon extractor to properly detect the best image available for an imported icon. - Added several fallbacks to prevent crashes when an icon is set to a folder or shortcut that is heavily protected by the OS or some security program. - [TrackingDB Browser] added fallback for incorrectly detected Unicode names in objects previously touched by icomancer. - [Imbue] Improved appearance of add-on icon pack thumbnails.
[REVISIONS FROM RELEASE 1.3] Revision 93: - [Launcher] Added fallback to avoid crashes when the collections cache can't be purged when switching accounts. - [Launhcer] Added collection directories pre-creation to allow the Content Manager button to be enabled from the app startup. - [Add-on icon packs scanner] Added exception handler to detect startup errors. Revision 94: - Improved fallbacks included in the previous revision. Revision 95: - [Embody] Added fallback for invalid file names. Revision 96: - Polished the Content Manager GUI. + [New feature] Added Content Syncing functions. Revision 97: - Improved the icon extractor to properly detect the best image available for an imported icon. - Added several fallbacks to prevent crashes when an icon is set to a folder or shortcut that is heavily protected by the OS or some security program. - [TrackingDB Browser] added fallback for incorrectly detected Unicode names in objects previously touched by icomancer. - [Imbue] Improved appearance of add-on icon pack thumbnails. [REVISIONS INCLUDED IN THIS UPDATE] Revision 98: - Fixed missing per-computer filtering on remote item syncing.
Revision 99: - [Imbuer] Fixed a bug that threw an exception when duplicate items were found. Revision 100 (released as HotFix): - [Crafter] Added a fallback on "Save All" function to prevent crashes (bug report). Revision 101: - Changed the way versions where compared due to a bug in the update checker (bug report).
- Restored pinging to licensing server before checking for licenses. - Added fallback for exception thrown when a recently created category in the content manager isn't immediately available due to windows file cache problems or delays. - Fixed "Upgrade" button on the Launcher (doh! wasn't doing a damn thing and nobody noticed!) - Implemented coupon-based upgrades (yeah! you'll be able to get coupons from selected affiliate websites pretty soon!)
- [Rev. 103] Added a workaround for problems setting icons to shortcuts on Win7. - [Rev. 103] Fixed an issue into the version checker on the imbuer. - Minor bugs reviewed and fixed. - ImageMagick updated to latest version (6.8.6-10)
- Removed jagged background pattern from main icomancer windows - Removed list of files to sync in the confirmation dialog on the Content Manager
- Fixed exception when deleting categories on the content manager. - Updated code certificate. - Added checkpoint when saving databases to prevent exceptions caused by Windows UAC or antivirus packages. - Tuned database schemas.
Cumulative update including latest hotfixes: [Rev. 106] - Fixed exception when deleting categories on the content manager. - Updated code certificate. - Added checkpoint when saving databases to prevent exceptions caused by Windows UAC or antivirus packages. - Tuned database schemas. [Rev. 107] - An exception could be thrown when the source images selector in the crafter fails to properly acquire the latest version number from icomancer's server. A workaround has been set to avoid it. - When an image for the templates selector can't be built, it is skipped and notified at the end of the process so it could be ignored or reported. - Updated Copyright info [Rev. 108] Added exception handlers for issues commonly found in systems with a high UAC level and/or kicky antiviruses: - When "Onscreen Settings.xml" couldn't be written. - When any of the databases couldn't be written.
- Updated ImageMagick to version 6.9.8 - Modified ImageMagick probing dialog and added a link for direct help. - Removed the default folder shown on the crafter when invoked from the launcher with a single click. - Disabled the style selectors on the crafter when no image is specified to avoid ImageMagick exceptions. WARNING: if you have a different version of ImageMagick installed, it may be broken by this update. If you want to avoid this, please download and install the Stand Alone version.