Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

I'm pretty sure UAC is the problem (Support requests)

by acaballero @, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 15:25 (2738 days ago) @ Grace

You see, I've been using icomancer all along from Win7 to Win10 and never encountered an issue AT ALL because I've always disabled UAC. On win7 from the control panel and on Win8+ using a registry hack.

Side story: I went back to Win8.1 after a horrendous month with Win10, and when my hard disk died, I went back to Win7. Been there for two months and will remain there until the hell gets frozen.

On all my test VMs, UAC and kicky antiviruses always make icomancer get "buggy" because they don't let it touch files in %programdata% and sometimes in the user's "my documents" folder.

Regarding imagemagick: I don't have the slightest idea of why it is flagged as malware sometimes. It is completely ridiculous. Specially because it is properly signed!

Anyway... Try installing icomancer using the standalone installer and then grab and install imagemagick from here:

Note: there's an icomancer hotfix you would like to install... it's available on the downloads page.

Please let me know if you have further issues. But before that: if you're a power user and you know how your PC works, you may like to disable the useless UAC :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread