Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Problems with the program (Support requests)

by Maureen Potts @, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 17:26 (2713 days ago)

[image][image][image]

I have been having problems with the problem. It will not me imbue a folder.

Did you update icomancer?

by acaballero @, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 18:28 (2713 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

The first problem (missing image) has been fixed on the last release. Please update your icomancer installation.

Regarding the second error: if the icon was deleted before being applied, it is for sure that some other program did it. Please run icomancer as administrator, whitelist it in your antivirus program or check your security settings.

And please let me know if you still get this errors afterwards.

Did you update icomancer?

by Maureen Potts, Friday, October 14, 2016, 00:46 (2713 days ago) @ acaballero

Icomancer is already run as administrator. My antivirus has not got a white list. I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I have updated to the latest version. The problem still is the same. UAC is off.
What kind of program could be affecting it?

Some other things to check

by acaballero @, Friday, October 14, 2016, 02:03 (2713 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

1. Does this happen on folders anywhere on your disk, or you just tried on the desktop?

2. You're using Win10, right? I tested icomancer there with no issues, but I had UAC removed with a registry hack because since Win8, a portion of UAC remains resident even if you "disable" it from the control panel.

3. I also use MS Security Essentials and it doesn't seem to mess up with icomancer.

4. The last version I released was tested on both XP and Win10 (with UAC enabled at minimum level, running icomancer as admin), that's why I confirm that the problem with the missing image is fixed.

5. One last thing: you're still getting both errors or only the one regarding the icon being deleted before being applied?

Oh, and by the way: running icomancer as admin = right click and "run as administrator". Are you doing it this way? Or modifying the shortcut and setting it to run always as administrator...

by Maureen Potts, Friday, October 14, 2016, 10:01 (2713 days ago) @ acaballero

Modifyed the shortcut and setting it to run always as administrator. I have windows 7 home premium 32 bit.
I cannot change any folder. The folders from the online icon browser works. The icons from there can change a folder.
Yes I am still getting both errors. I do not know what is causing the problem. It worked fine once.

by Maureen Potts, Friday, October 14, 2016, 10:43 (2713 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

Also cannot craft a folder.

by Maureen Potts, Friday, October 14, 2016, 17:15 (2712 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

I am going to uninstall it. There are too many problems with. Thank you for your help.

by acaballero @, Friday, October 14, 2016, 20:45 (2712 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

During the last hours I did extensive tests on my XP, 7 and 10 test VMs (even with UAC enabled at min level on both 7 and 10) and got no error at all. Went installing icomancer 1.3.5 and updated it to 1.3.6 and never got the errors you're getting (blank machines, no other software than MS security stuff).

So something in your machine isn't letting icomancer work. Impossible to know what.
Sorry I couldn't help.

by Maureen Potts, Friday, October 14, 2016, 21:14 (2712 days ago) @ acaballero

I think might have been a program I installed that caused the problem. Thank you for your help. It is a good program.

by acaballero @, Friday, October 14, 2016, 21:21 (2712 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

If you want, I can assist you by teamviewer or chrome shared desktop.
Just let me know.

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lava.caballero

by Maureen Potts, Saturday, October 15, 2016, 00:18 (2712 days ago) @ acaballero

I uninstalled it. I even tried it on my virtual XP. It would not work. I think my computer does not like the program.

by Maureen Potts, Monday, February 20, 2017, 14:19 (2583 days ago) @ acaballero

I found out what made the program not work properly. Another program called File Viewer Lite. It used ImageMagick. I uninstalled File Viewer Lite. I reinstalled icomancer over my old one. It works now.

So that was the issue!

by acaballero @, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 17:38 (2582 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

Good to know. I'll make some room to download that program and see if I can avoid its collision with icomancer.

RSS Feed of thread