Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Icomancer Issue (Support requests)

by Brent Carey @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 17:03 (2757 days ago)

I am having an issue getting Icomancer to completely load. It seems to error out when trying to load a certain resource. I've made a screenshot showing this error.
Also, security software has been disabled and an exception has been added to allow Icomancer.

[image]

Thanks!!

Icomancer Issue

by Brent Carey @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 17:06 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

I am having an issue getting Icomancer to completely load. It seems to error out when trying to load a certain resource. I've made a screenshot showing this error.
Also, security software has been disabled and an exception has been added to allow Icomancer.

[image]

Thanks!!

Oh yes, forgot to add: Running Icomancer in Windows Vista (SP2) Compatibility Mode, have also tried running it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, also "Running As Administrator" in both Modes.

No prob with that

by acaballero @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 18:15 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

Oh yes, forgot to add: Running Icomancer in Windows Vista (SP2) Compatibility Mode, have also tried running it in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode, also "Running As Administrator" in both Modes.

You don't actually need to run it in compatibility mode. It is fully supported in native mode from XP to 10. Either way, there should be no problem at all if you run it in that mode.

Have you checked if the files are there?

by acaballero @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 18:13 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

You should grab the "standalone" version and install it... that will put the program files again in place without touching your configuration and history files.

Have you checked your hard disk against errors? It is also possible that you'll have some files missing if the hard disk started to get sectors lost if it is 2+ years old (yes, nowadays you'll be lucky if your disk lives above the 3 years). I strongly recommend you to run the disk cleanup tool that comes with windows and also run a check on all partitions, restarting if needed.

by Brent Carey @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 18:38 (2757 days ago) @ acaballero

You should grab the "standalone" version and install it... that will put the program files again in place without touching your configuration and history files.

Have you checked your hard disk against errors? It is also possible that you'll have some files missing if the hard disk started to get sectors lost if it is 2+ years old (yes, nowadays you'll be lucky if your disk lives above the 3 years). I strongly recommend you to run the disk cleanup tool that comes with windows and also run a check on all partitions, restarting if needed.

I will check and see if the icomancer files are there and then re-install, if necessary.

The computer is only about 4 months old. And I have very recently checked the hard for errors.

Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

by Brent Carey @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 18:53 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

I will check and see if the icomancer files are there and then re-install, if necessary.

The computer is only about 4 months old. And I have very recently checked the hard for errors.

Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

I discovered that three files are missing, even after re-installing icomancer. They are: Small back layer 2 (tab).png/Small back layer 3 (border).png/Colored 16x16.png .

Any way to get those files? They were apparently missing upon the first installation of the program?

Gotcha, I'm fixing it on the next update a couple of hours later

by acaballero @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 21:10 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

I'm almost done wrapping up an update, so I'll include a fix on this so you can download and get the latest version.

I'll let you know when the download is ready to go ;-)

And sorry for the inconvenience!

Gotcha, I'm fixing it on the next update a couple of hours later

by Brent Carey @, Saturday, October 01, 2016, 21:54 (2757 days ago) @ acaballero

I'm almost done wrapping up an update, so I'll include a fix on this so you can download and get the latest version.

I'll let you know when the download is ready to go ;-)

And sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks!!

No problem. :)

Updated :)

by acaballero @, Sunday, October 02, 2016, 00:24 (2757 days ago) @ Brent Carey

Please go to http://www.lavasoftworks.com/icomancer/downloads/index.html and grab the standalone file. After installing it you'll get all fixed. And please let me know if not.

Updated :)

by Brent Carey @, Sunday, October 02, 2016, 09:53 (2756 days ago) @ acaballero

Please go to http://www.lavasoftworks.com/icomancer/downloads/index.html and grab the standalone file. After installing it you'll get all fixed. And please let me know if not.

Thanks!! :)

RSS Feed of thread