Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Unhandled Exception Caught (Support requests)

by Stephanie @, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 15:27 (3502 days ago)

When I attempted to assign a folder icon to a specific folder today, I received an error message titled 'Unhandled Exception Caught!' I was requested to copy the error message details and post them as a Support Request in the forum.

Here's what I copied:

An application unhandled exception has raised:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\LAVA SoftWorks\icomancer\icons_database' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
at Icomancer.Vars.Databases.Save(String SourceXMLfile, XElement& TargetData) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Vars.vb:line 429
at Icomancer.Functions.BuildDistroFinalIcon(String TemplateName, String ColorName, String TextureName, String Addon_Icon_Key) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Functions.vb:line 1867
at Icomancer.frmImbuer.btnApply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmImbuer.vb:line 211
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

Here are some details that may be helpful:
My System: Windows 7 64-Bit

From within Windows Explorer, I right-clicked on a folder and selected the context menu option 'Imbue icon to folder from my iconmancer collection' in order to open icomancer. I chose a Basic Green folder icon from the 'Colors' tab and clicked the 'Apply & Close' button, then I got the error.

Hope this helps. BTW, although I bought this app a few months ago, I've never really spent the time to get to know it and haven't used it. The only other time I attempted to use it, again, from the context menu within Windows Explorer, I got the same error.

Unhandled Exception Caught

by acaballero @, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 15:41 (3502 days ago) @ Stephanie

You may have received a security update that is preventing icomancer to access its own files. You must run it as administrator to skip this exception.

RSS Feed of thread