Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Error message in imported icon folder (Support requests)

by Beverly Coate @, United States, Saturday, November 30, 2013, 11:56 (3799 days ago)

Ok. I finally got it to drag and drop a few icons to the copy box, but when i tried to open them to use them it got this error message

n application unhandled exception has raised:

System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
at Icomancer.Functions.ExtractIconToFile(String SourceIconPath) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Functions.vb:line 1392
at Icomancer.frmImbuer.LocalCollectionSelector_PathChanged(String changedPathName, String changedFullPath) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmImbuer.vb:line 590
at Icomancer.uctlFolderTree.Tree_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\uctlFolderTree.vb:line 80
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

So I'm sending it as per the above request. I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Sorry.

Something is messing up with icomancer

by acaballero @, Saturday, November 30, 2013, 12:34 (3799 days ago) @ Beverly Coate

This error is caused by something that isn't allowing icomancer to read the path or the temp path. I'm sure you'll also have exceptions of denied access when it tries to write to its own appdata folder.

icomancer is not a signed app. Because of that, many security software packages flag it as a threat. Even Windows. Please run it as administrator and white list it on your antivirus/antimalware/antiwhatever so it can run as intended.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

RSS Feed of thread