Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

A pathing error (Bug reports)

by Gary Mugford @, Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 09:15 (3811 days ago)

An application unhandled exception has raised:

System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
at Icomancer.Functions.PreprocessSourceImage(String SourceImage) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Functions.vb:line 1985
at Icomancer.frmCrafter.frmCrafter_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmCrafter.vb:line 127
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

Don't really need a screen shot because the error was immediate and prevents forward action. I am using version 1.3.4 Rev 104 Free

Just about anything I try to do with any of the services results in an error. The program is functionally useless at this point.

A pathing error

by acaballero @, Thursday, November 14, 2013, 15:11 (3809 days ago) @ Gary Mugford

Please try again running icomancer as administrator (even if you have an administrator account). If that doesn't solve the problem, please provide the full path name of the folder you want to embed the icon to.

A pathing error

by Gary Mugford @, Friday, November 15, 2013, 10:18 (3808 days ago) @ acaballero

What follows are two error screens worth of messages. I THINK I like the idea of icomancer and it DID somehow produce an icon with a folder and a little mini me, so it worked that one time. But having gone back to it to do an icon for a folder of TED talks, I have found the program to have stopped working. I did try the running as Admin idea to no good result. The error messages that follow are from that attempt. I've uninstalled and re-installed (got an error message when I entered in my password about misisng info). And I've run out of patience. Turns out I got what I paid for when I got the free offer through Bits Du Jour. Too bad. It SEEMED fun. But the results are obviously not there. It seems to have run out of a trial time, is my guess. It DID work when I ran it from E:\apps\grafix and tried to use graphics in E:\GrafixUsed, but now, nada. And I have no more time to offer to icomancer and lavasoft. For whatever it's worth for future users, here's my last error reports ...

Running Win7sp1 Pro 64 bit with 12G of memory running an i7 quadcore and lots of drives. I don't install apps to c: if given a choice and my prefered end location is in E:\apps\*whatever*\appName. where *whatever* is my classification of the app. Your reports...

CHOPPED A LOT OF ERROR MESSAGE LINES AFTER I GOT A MESSAGE SAYING The word "Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.
WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException..." is too long

THIS IS GETTING TIRESOME!

Using ...

System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
at Icomancer.Functions.PreprocessSourceImage(String SourceImage) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Functions.vb:line 1985
at Icomancer.frmCrafter.btnImageControlLoadFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmCrafter.vb:line 844
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

And lastly, the kicker ...

Closing ...

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(CancelEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices. WindowsFormsApplicationBase.
OnUnhandledException(UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices. WindowsFormsApplicationBase.
OnUnhandledExceptionEventAdaptor(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext. OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.
System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.
FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices. WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices. WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

A pathing error

by acaballero @, Saturday, November 16, 2013, 04:56 (3808 days ago) @ Gary Mugford

Well, let me tell you: you have very strong security settings on your system. If the admin mode didn't work, then it is your antivirus/antimalware/anti-whatever-you-use-for-that-purpose for sure. Here's the proof:

So, something isn't allowing icomancer access to a path, either the one you want to touch or the temp path.

If it worked in the past, it is for sure that in one of the updates of your security software, it improved its security settings, resulting in messing up with icomancer at resource-accessing level.

This problem has been present since the first release, and I couldn't remove it because I haven't been able to acquire an authenticode certificate to sign icomancer.

Sorry to hear you gave up on icomancer. Anyway, I'm around to help you out if you want to come back :)

A pathing error

by Claudio, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 19:27 (3645 days ago) @ acaballero

In my case, it seems to start failing after I've installed IrfanView.
Greetings,
Claudio

RSS Feed of thread