Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Problem assigning icons to folders (Support requests)

by Pat van de Rijzen @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 09:03 (4018 days ago)

Hi There
I received the error below when trying to use private icons.
The program i use came from give away of the day 30 april.

An application unhandled exception has raised:

System.NotSupportedException: De opgegeven padindeling wordt niet ondersteund.
bij System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
bij System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
bij System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
bij System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
bij System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
bij Icomancer.Functions.ExtractIconToFile(String SourceIconPath) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\Functions.vb:regel 1392
bij Icomancer.frmImbuer.LocalCollectionSelector_PathChanged(String changedPathName, String changedFullPath) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmImbuer.vb:regel 590
bij Icomancer.uctlFolderTree.Tree_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\uctlFolderTree.vb:regel 80
bij System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
bij System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

"The path is not compatible"?

by acaballero @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 11:33 (4018 days ago) @ Pat van de Rijzen

Ok, it seems the problem was when icomancer was trying to extract an icon to a bitmap file to be added to the cache. So icomancer wasn't able to save the file.

Please run it as administrator and try again.

Problem assigning icons to folders

by Pat van de Rijzen @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 15:04 (4017 days ago) @ Pat van de Rijzen

Hi tgere thnx for your reply.
I've tried your suggestion without solution.
The programme still hangs while adding or trying to use personal icons.

Note ! I gave not used bitmaps, only .ico

Anny suggestions ???

Mmmhhhhh it may be a problem with the icons...

by acaballero @, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 21:32 (4014 days ago) @ Pat van de Rijzen

Have you tried to add the icons one by one just to test? maybe one or more of the icons are not encoded in a standard way...

RSS Feed of thread