Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Extra folders for crafting (Feature requests)

by Maureen, Sunday, August 20, 2017, 23:14 (2432 days ago)

To be able to import other folders to use in program for crafting

Extra folders for crafting

by acaballero @, Monday, August 21, 2017, 10:29 (2431 days ago) @ Maureen

To be able to import other folders to use in program for crafting

Import other folders? Do you mean... When you're crafting an icon, set it to multiple folders instead of just one when saving?

by Maureen, Monday, August 21, 2017, 12:18 (2431 days ago) @ acaballero

The program has a limited amount of folders to craft with. Extra folders with other designs or one can add their own folders to use in the program.

by acaballero @, Monday, August 21, 2017, 13:27 (2431 days ago) @ Maureen

I still don't get what you're talking about. Please elaborate.

by Maureen, Monday, August 21, 2017, 19:33 (2431 days ago) @ acaballero

Your program uses different kinds of folders. Folders in different colors, and patterns. It would be nice to be able to use other kinds of folders with other patterns, and textures. One import a folder with a different pattern that one could make themselves in a graphic program, them use it in icomancer. It would give more variety. Even more Add-on icons could be added. Do you finally understand now what I am getting at.

[image] example

by acaballero @, Monday, August 21, 2017, 21:32 (2431 days ago) @ Maureen

Oooooh right, so you mean folder templates, textures and add-on icons!!!

Ok, I'll give myself some time and make some extra packages. Though folder templates and textures are more difficult to build, textures are less problematic and colors even less, so I'll start with the easiest ones and scale up.

Gladly, I recently discovered a very good source of royalty free icons: http://downloadicons.net/ ...I'll build a few add-on icon packages from those.

I hope to be publishing at least a couple of packages before the end of this month, then make everything possible to publish at least a package per week for a couple of months.

by acaballero @, Monday, August 21, 2017, 21:39 (2431 days ago) @ Maureen

Now, regarding patterns and things made by yourself: that's not easy to do, specially because I haven't made a package editor, and elements aren't easy to define.

For instance:

• Folder templates require several layers of transparent PNG files, plus some vector parameters to properly resize and warp images to fit in all modes.
  • Color packages require understanding how ImageMagic works internally to properly apply RGB and hue values.
  • Textures may be easier to build, but some params are set in XML files. This made some coding knowledge required.
  • Add-on icons must be made in high and low resolution sizes.

Sadly, I can't dedicate time to make the modules for self-made elements at the moment. But if you have some ideas (like add-on icons, color or texture packs), you can provide source files and samples to me and I'll gladly make the rest and release them.

by Maureen, Monday, August 21, 2017, 23:02 (2431 days ago) @ acaballero

I guess to send samples and sources would have to be done by email. I have 54 coloured folders made by using Xara Xtreme 5.

by acaballero @, Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 10:21 (2430 days ago) @ Maureen

OK! Please send them to lava.caballero@gmail.com so I can take a look at them and see what can I do with them :-)

by Maureen, Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 12:52 (2430 days ago) @ acaballero

Sent as an attachment.
Email is jenings2009@gmail.com so that you know

by acaballero @, Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 17:10 (2430 days ago) @ Maureen

Gotcha, I'll check them up and get back at you by email.

RSS Feed of thread