Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Problem with Synchronizing (Support requests)

by Maureen Potts, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 18:17 (2500 days ago)

An application unhandled exception has raised:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Icomancer.modSync.ItemUploadability(RemoteMaintenanceTypes MaintenanceType, String ItemGUID) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\modSync.vb:line 461
at Icomancer.modSync.Sync(SyncTypes SyncType, RemoteMaintenanceTypes MaintenanceType, String Category, PictureBox& ProgressIcon, Label& ProgressLabel, ProgressBar& ProgressBar) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\modSync.vb:line 96
at Icomancer.frmContentManager.btnLocaliconsSyncToServer_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\frmContentManager.vb:line 2431
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please take a screen shot of this and send it to icomancer_support@lavasoftworks.com so we can figure out how to fix it.

This happens when I load icons, sync to server. Under Manage/Synchronize tab
Windows 7 Home Premium. Program has administrator rights.

Problem with Synchronizing

by acaballero @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 19:58 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

I'm doing the same and the remote tab doesn't refresh properly. I'm checking the server. I'll get back at you when I solve the issue and see if it is the same hitting you.

Problem with Synchronizing

by acaballero @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 20:36 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

I couldn't reproduce the issue... though I discovered something weird: I can't sync up anything in folders, only elements on the root folder.

Are you trying to sync up from the root or from a folder?

PS: I'm running Win7 ultimate with admin rights, but no updates beyond SP1. Not sure if the error you're getting is being caused by some windows update or is a side effect of the issue I discovered... but I never got any exception.

Fixed error on the server

by acaballero @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 21:17 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

I'm 90% sure that the exception you got was triggered by the issue I've discovered... please try syncing again. If you still get the exception, just let me know :-)

Fixed error on the server

by Maureen Potts, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 21:55 (2500 days ago) @ acaballero

Still getting the error.

[image]

Mmmhhhh let me see...

by acaballero @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 22:29 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

It would be obvious, but... Are any of the icons in the root folder (My Crafted Icons) yours or you've downloaded them all?

If they're downloaded (created by other people) they should appear in orange.

I'm reviewing the logic and the case where all downloaded icons are not yours isn't being checked... so it seems there's where the exception is thrown.

Or where's the case? It would help me a bit more if you can show me a shot of your local icons and your remote icons...

Mmmhhhh let me see...

by Maureen Potts, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 23:10 (2500 days ago) @ acaballero

[image][image]

Mmmhhhh let me see...

by Maureen Potts, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 23:15 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

I sync the remote icons to the server. When I finished I also sync the local icons to the server. There was no error message this time.

No error message?

by acaballero @, Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 23:27 (2500 days ago) @ Maureen Potts

So for some reason the problem kinda fixed itself?
I'll try to reproduce the problem anyway... will get back at you tomorrow.

No error message?

by Maureen Potts, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 18:31 (2498 days ago) @ acaballero

Thank you

RSS Feed of thread