Index General Support requests Feature requests Content requests Bug reports Misc issues Tips & tricks How to... Notices

Error (Support requests)

by Robert C. Pfaff @, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 16:31 (2581 days ago)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041771): montage: 495: UnableToGetRegistryKey: colors.mgk
at ImageMagickObject.IMagickImage.Convert(Object[]& pArrayVar)
at Icomancer.clsIconImageComposer.ColorizeLayerOnTempFile(String SourceLayerImageFile, String colorizeTo) in H:\Icomancer\Icomancer\clsIconImageComposer.vb:line 701

Either ImageMagick setup is corrupted or something is messing with it.

by acaballero @, Sunday, March 26, 2017, 17:15 (2581 days ago) @ Robert C. Pfaff

What Antivirus are you using?
Are you getting virus or malware alerts?

I ask because some kicky antivirus/antimalware solutions flag ImageMagick toolkit as malware.

And the error you describe looks like something preventing ImageMagic to read registry settings, like blocking the request.

Please run icomancer as administrator or whitelist it on your security software.

Either ImageMagick setup is corrupted or something is messing with it.

by Robert C. Pfaff @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 00:40 (2580 days ago) @ acaballero

I have Norton 360 and I have also tried running icomancer as admin but still get the same error.

Please try this

by acaballero @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 12:31 (2580 days ago) @ Robert C. Pfaff

Yesterday I posted a solution for a problem that may be related to yours... please take a look at this post and try it:

http://www.lavasoftworks.com/icomancer/forum/index.php?id=394

Please try this

by Robert C. Pfaff @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 15:24 (2580 days ago) @ acaballero

I tried that yesterday after I posted here. I uninstalled that program and installed the one you mention and got a different pop up error. I didn't copy the error and I have uninstalled both and will try the full installer again. I didn't have this problem until I saw your offer on BDJ and ran the program and it told me there was an update so I updated it and that is when the error started.

Please try this

by acaballero @, Monday, March 27, 2017, 16:05 (2580 days ago) @ Robert C. Pfaff

If you get a different error please let me know so I can fix it. I'll release the updated installer once I see that users with the error are all set.

Please try this

by Robert C. Pfaff @, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 00:10 (2579 days ago) @ acaballero

It seems uninstalling everything and then installing the last version worked. I then was prompted to the update and it worked as well.

Thanks....

RSS Feed of thread